Monday, October 5, 2009

Solid food is going well!

Ethan had his first bowl of rice cereal last Wednesday. He did amazing despite the fact that he was so hungry and sleepy. So on Thursday, I fed him milk a little bit before we fed him the cereal. We were a little worried on Wednesday because he got a little rash under his chin after his cereal, which disappeared a few minutes after I wiped his face really good. But no rash has come back since. He does have some eczema on his left cheek, but it's been there since before we started solids (which I don't know what to do other than keeping it clean, keep his nails short, and put some lotion on). I've gradually made the cereal thicker, and he seems to like it thicker better. We'll stay on the rice cereal for a while, and will move on to vegetables in a few weeks.



He was not too sure about the bib which was as big as him.

Other than that, there isn't much new. Ethan continues to amaze us how quickly he is growing. He doesn't nap too well on Sundays, mainly because his monring nap is not too restful because it's during the church. So he is too grumpy to fall asleep in the afternoon. So he slept a lot today, which made my day very productive. I got to clean the stove top too!

He still loves his butterflies on the play gym the best. The other day I got a picture of his two favorite toys; butterflies and his toes :-) He is getting more interested in toys every week, but these two are his all time favorites. I've tried playing like he does the other day, and I got quite a workout! It's not easy keeping your legs up in the air that much!

No comments:

Post a Comment