Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Ethan is 1 now!

Ethan turned 1 on Sunday, May 30. I can't believe it has been one year since he was born! This past year went so fast and he has grown so much in one year. He is not quite walking yet but working hard at it. He loves pulling up on anything and walks holding on to furnitures or our fingers. I thought he'd be walking by mid June, but I think it'd be a little longer yet. Jeff thought by July 4th. We'll see.

I took Ethan to the Portrait Innovation, a professional photo studio a few days before his birthday. We've never taken him to a studio, and it will be the only one he'll get before his senior pictures :-) They turned out really good though! The photographer was so nice and fun, made him smile and laugh as she took pictures. I bought a CD of all the pictures she took, which has over 80 pictures! These are the few.






















On Sunday we had a few family over for Ethan's birthday; Mel and Lorna, Bert and Regina and Grandma Yoder (Ethan's Great Grandma!). I made the "hungry caterpillar" cake which was easy and cute. We've been feeding him some yogurt and milk now and it seems like his tolerance to dairy has increased yet not completely allergy-free so I made a non-dairy cupcakes with non-dairy frosting. He did not care for the cake but loved the frosting! After licking off his frosting he offered to trade with my cupcake that I hadn't started eating yet.

On Monday then we had our friends over for the Memorial day cook out/ Ethan's birthday. Unfortunately it rained so we couldn't be outside but we had a great time playing some games inside. A few of them enjoyed playing with Ethan's birthday gifts too :-) For Monday I baked a batch of cupcakes again and added onto my caterpillar from the day before (we kept the head). So it was an economical cake also :-)













Ethan's 1st year check up was last Friday, and he is now at the middle of the pack. I think his weight is still on the lighter side, but his height is at the middle. He had grown 3 inches in the past 3 months! I wish I had that kind of a growthspart. Next check up is at 18 months, which was too far ahead to schedule. Wow, finally we can take a little break from going to the doctors!

We continue to work on our basement. Jeff had some help painting over the past few weeks and it looks so nice now! We went out and picked out our carpet too, so we only need to put some trims up before putting the carpet down! Then it's all done! ... for now! We still have a room unfinished which we'd love to finish in the next year or so. Then it'll all be done! Ethan is starting to be more mobile each day so a big family room in the basement will be really nice. If everything goes well the family room should be done by the end of the month. I will post some pictures when it's finished!

No comments:

Post a Comment