Sunday, February 28, 2010

When is Ethan's 9 months birthday?

So, February having only 28 days and Ethan's birthday being on 30th, we don't quite know when Ethan's 9 month birthday falls... Well, funny thing is that Jeff mentioned about it last week being some what concerned. So I reminded him that his birthday is on the 31st so he missed more monthly birthdays than Ethan would.

Olympics has been keeping me up a lot later than usual. It has been a lot of fun though! Sadly Japan did not get any gold medal, but I am proud of all their performances. I have to proudly point out the fact that many short track speed skaters and womens' figure skaters are Asians, even Americans :-) I was really looking forward to the womens' figure skates, and they sure didn't let me down! I knew Mao, Japanese silver medalist, was good, but I had never seen Kim, Korean gold medalist, so it was great that I could finally see her perform. She really was the best! I was sad that Mao didn't win gold, but Kim sure was awesome. And the American skater, Mirai Nagasu, was such a cutie and I am looking forward to see her grow (she is only 16).

Ethan still has no teeth, but doing really well. He had his 9 month check up last Monday, and he still is a small guy but very healthy. I have to say that we are quite happy that our household hasn't had any major sickness yet. He has had a few runny noses but never had real cold or ear infections. It helps when he only goes to Grandma's for a daycare.

Ethan experienced his first day care visit last Thursday. Mel and Lorna are in Florida until this Wednesday, so Ethan goes to Audrey Oosland's, a friend from our church. It sounds like he did great. I was excited to hear that he interacted with other kids well and still stuck with his routine.

My work has gotten busier, and now I am really feeling that I made a right choice by going part time. My hours are capped around 45 hours a week (it's been more like 46-47, but I also didn't have 45 hours a week in January for a few weeks). I still love what I do, and every year I get more responsibilities and I really enjoy the feeling that they are "my clients".

Lately his favorite thing to do is standing up and drinking milk on his belly. He can't quite pull up to stand on his own yet, but we'll see how long that lasts. He can pull up to his knees already, so it shouldn't be too long before he gets up by himself. Him drinking milk while he is on his belly is a little tricky because then he doesn't get much milk. He gets 2 sippy cups a day now, so he loves drinking sitting up also. He also started army crawling backwards occasionally. He still doesn't like being on his belly too much, but I think he enjoys being able to look around better when he is doing it. So he is rolly-polly most of the time.

I am attaching a few pictures from the past 2 weeks. We just got a new camera (Canon S90) so we have been taking a lot more pictures now!

2 comments:

  1. I figured Ethan would catch me in month-birthdays in about 45 years. It's not quite as much fun as having leap-day as a birthday, but oh well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pics! He is such a little cutey! So sorry to hear he had his first ear infection. It is great he held out that long! I hope he is feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete