Sunday, February 22, 2009

Studying week

This past week was a hard week for me. I procrastinated studying so I was stuck with too much to learn and too little time to study. I worked 55+ hrs and studied 2-3 hrs every night. Good thing it'll be over tomorrow! Jeff started working on his exam too this week, and even our dog, Oreo, turned into a studious one...


With me working longer hours and then studying, Jeff has been working on our basement too (I think he'd rather work on the basement than studying...). The bedroom's frame is done, common area's wiring is done (I think), and raising floor is almost done. He bought some drywall and started putting them up in the closet. Too bad I can't help him holding them up while he screw them in. There are lots that need to be done before our baby comes, and I can not be much of a help :-( It is nice to have friends and family that we can count on.

My uncle in Japan is having a surgery this week. The end of last year we found out that he had a a bladder cancer. So this week the doctor will remove his bladder and other cancerous areas (apparently there is some umbilical cord-related thing that most people don't have that he has, that was the cause of this cancer), and he will get a little pouch hanging out that'll work as a bladder (is my understanding, at least). My mom and grandparents told me that it's not life threatening surgery, but they sometimes don't tell me everything, or at least try to be more optimistic around me, so I really don't know how things are over there. But please keep him and my aunt in your prayer, as well as my grandparents and my mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment