Saturday, February 14, 2009

Surf and turf dinner on Valentine's

Happy Valentine's! We just celebrated our 8th valentine's together. After work today I went grocery shopping and bought lobster tails and steaks. So we had "surf and turf" dinner :-) It was my first time cooking lobster tails, but it turned out good... I don't know how you can mess it up, if it's just putting them in a boiling water with some seasoning :-) And I also made Jeff's favorite mashed potatoes (with cream cheese and sour cream!) and asparagus. We will have ice cream and strawberries later.


We had a nice time at Josh and Vicky's last night with our high school friends. We had our annual fondue party. I don't know exactly when we usually have them, but I'm sure it's about "annual" by now. Too bad Jeff forgot to take camera. We had one side of a table with married couples and the other side with Kevin, Kyle and Seth together (we missed you, Sarah!). By the end of the oil fondue, the men's side started the "men's cooking". They put mushrooms, onions, chicken, pork and shrimp all in the batter and pour it in the oil. They were too lazy to use forks and wait for it to cook... it turned out alright, but sure was messy!

I had my doctor's visit on Thursday. Everything is going well. I am 26 weeks now. At the small group that evening, everyone was trying to get the baby's name out of Jeff... good luck with that ;-) I think he's pretty set on not telling people the name of our baby until he's born. And he can keep poker face. I'm sure people will start trying on me now, since I just can't keep straight face! At work my friend, Kate, is starting to plan a baby shower for me (combined with two other pregnant ladies). I am looking forward to it. I can't believe it's almost time for showers! I hope the rest of the pregnancy goes as quick as it has been.

No comments:

Post a Comment