Saturday, April 25, 2009

Less than 1 month to go!

Only 3.5 more weeks to go! I know he may be late, and in that case I still have over a month left... but it's amazing that I'm already 36 weeks. When I found out that I was pregnant, I bought a book that showed what'd happen week by week, and was thinking that it'd take forever to get to 40. But I can see the end now! It actually is a bitter sweet feeling now that I won't have too long left. I love feeling him kicking from inside or feeling his hiccups. At the same time, it's exciting to finally get to meet him, and I don't have to go to bathroom this often anymore!

Last weekend Jeff and I went up to Chicago and went to the Japanese supermarket and IKEA. There is this huge Japanese supermarket that I can buy most everything I need to cook Japanese meals. We decided that it may be a while until the next time we come up here, so we stocked up on many things. Then we drove to IKEA to find some things for our baby's room. We found a wall shelf that matches the changing table, some organizing toy bins, and pelican! They had this wall hanging pelican with a big beak that you can put toys in. Since we don't have a hamper for him yet, we'll use this as a hamper for now.

Oh, we decided to paint the walls yellow. It's a very happy, cheerful color. Now we have to find something to cover the window better. I really liked this curtain, but it's thin and it gets really bright in his room during the day... maybe a shade or I should put another curtain behind this one? Any ideas??


5 comments:

  1. Holy cow girl! You're looking good and his room looks fabulous! Enjoy these next several weeks and get as much sleep as you can! Although if you are anything like I was, I didn't sleep a whole lot my last several weeks of pregnancy. But stock up now, you'll be glad you did! :) We love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great belly pic! The baby room looks beautiful, and totally ready! We still weren't ready when Luke was born, my mom and grandma came over and cleaned the house top to bottom and set everything up for me while we were still in the hospital! Mom's are great!

    Thanks for posting, I love keeping up with people through blogs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Want me to make you a curtain? I would love to do so! I also hope I get to see you before he comes! I am starting to get super busy in May (on weekends) but would love to still try to get out there.You look great Mariko! I love you three!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The nursery looks awesome, Mariko!

    And I love the picture of your cute belly, too :)

    ReplyDelete