Thursday, September 17, 2009

It'll be a busy weekend!

So, even though the streak was broken, it was only for two days that he woke up before when we wake him up at 7 am. He went back to his usual schedule of going to bed by 8:30 and waking up around 7 in the morning (or 8:30, if we let him sleep). Although he had a few cranky days during the day here and there. We think he's teething on and off because he drooles like a faucet and chews on his fingers and bottom lip. I hope he doesn't have to go through it longer than he needs to!

Tomorrow is a day off for me, so I get to pick up a little bit and hopefully get a nap in :-) We'll have a girls' night in with my sunday school ladies friday night and have our high school friends over for a potluck on Saturday (we miss you, Jon and Julie!). I'm excited about some quality time with ladies and good food.

This Sunday is Ethan's baby dedication (and me becoming a member at our church, after 8 years of attending...). Grandpa and Grandma Snyders (or Great grandpa and Great grandma... we never know whoes grandparents we are taking about) are coming from New York for this. They haven't seen Ethan since Caleb's wedding in July, so I'm sure they'll be surprised to see how big he is now! His neck is completely set and he's becoming in control of his body more. He rolled over on his back to tummy a few weeks ago too! I don't think he liked it much and he hasn't done it since, but he goes side to side a lot, and does 180 in his crib quite often.

We'll have his 4 month check up coming up next week already. I can't believe that he's already 1/3 year old! I'm sure he'll be one in no time, which would be fun, but at the same time is a bitter sweet feeling. People tell me to cherish the moment, but I really need to enjoy his baby stage more!

I am starting to prepare him for winter. I bought him a winter coat already, and trying to get a few pair of pants from moms of older kids. If you have some long pants and sweatshirts for 6-9 months, send them my way!


No comments:

Post a Comment