Sunday, September 6, 2009

Streak is broken

Ethan had been sleeping 10-11 hours a night until two nights ago. Both Saturday and Sunday mornings he woke up at 5 am, after 8-9 hours of sleep :-( Jeff changed his diaper and tried to put him back to sleep but it didn't work and I ended up feeding him both mornings. He had woken up before but he could usually went back to sleep after a little bit of fussing before we even went to his room, so it's been a little rough for us (I know we were spoiled). I think it's because he has a runny nose that's usually stuffed up then and gets harder to breath. Or maybe he's growing a lot and gets hungry more often. Jeff thinks he's teething, but it seems too early for that... Either way, I'm hoping that it'll pass and he'll go back to his old routine.

He is showing his personality more and more each week. He reacts to his toys more, which makes a lot more fun to play with him. Now he has been batting and grabbing his butterflies on the play mats, and he loves the toys on his jumperoo. He still doesn't squeal often, but I think it's getting there. Now that I work three days a week, I feel like I'm missing out on his development. Usually when I'm home he sleeps most of the day! Grandma must wears him out during those three days! So it's a treat when he decides to stay awake happily for a few hours and plays with me.

This is the face he makes when he is really excited...


He wasn't too excited to play with the jumperoo that day.


Finally, a decent smile. It's so hard to take a good smily pictures now because he's usually so excited or so sad!


We have set Ethan's baby dedication day on September 20. We'll have Grandpa and Grandma Snyder coming out for that, so we are looking forward to the weekend very much. We all are trying to convince them to stay for a whole week so they can go to the Relief Sale with us the following weekend. I love the Relief Sale :-) (I miss you, Lisa!)

No comments:

Post a Comment