Friday, August 28, 2009

First full week of work

I managed to go through a first full week of work (which is only from Tuesday to Thursday). I do enjoy working and having my own time and career, but I do miss having Ethan by my side all day long. But I did miss facing tax returns and tax regulations. When I came home after the first day back, I thought "oh boy, I hadn't used my brain much for the past three months!" It's a nice change of pace to think hard again :-)

Ethan did well at Grandma's, as far as I know. It is getting better every day, and he started to take naps for her. I hope it'll keep getting better for them as they establish a routine together. He continues to go to bed around 8:30 and sleeps until we wake him up around 7:15. It is great that he sleeps well at night, but it also means that I only get to see him for a little over 3 hours on the days I work :-( So I appreciate my days off much more now. Today (Friday), he has been doing great so far; took one 1.5 hour nap in the morning and is now on a nap that's going to be at least 1.5 hour, possibly 2. Today he has been napping in his crib, which is also a development for him. He used to hate taking naps anywhere but in my arms. I enjoy my free time at home, but at the same time it's a little bitter sweet to see him becoming independent.

We set up a jumperoo for him the other day. I think he likes being in it. He still is a little short for this, so we put two pizza boxes underneath. (He grew a lot this week and now he only needs one pizza box.) I'm sure he'll really love it in a few weeks, once he can touch the floor and his legs get a little more strength.



Chris, Jeff's cousin, is coming to Goshen tonight. He'll be attending Goshen College starting this fall. We are very excited to have more family around here :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment