Sunday, August 9, 2009

Counting down to the end of the maternity leave...

I have only one full week left of maternity leave. I go back to work on August 20 for a day, then back three days a week starting the following week. I am excited to have some adult interaction again, but also sad that I have to leave Ethan. He smiles more and more every week, and it's been fun to play with him. I'm thinking that going back to work part time would be a good balance of my career and my family. I hope I'll find it that way once it actually starts.

Next Friday is Jeff and my fifth anniversary. Three of us are going to Chicago to celebrate! We'll see how Ethan'll do in a big city. We'd like to go up on the old Sears Tower (I can never remember what it's called now) and stroll around the Millenium park, but I don't know how much walking Ethan can take, and the weather has to co-operate, too. We'll see. We are also passing on eating at my favorite restaurant, Maggiano's, as it's not so kids friendly :-( I'm sure IKEA's food court would be just fine...

Ethan continues to be a great sleepe at night, but hates his naps! He sleeps 10-12 hours at night, which is great, but he doesn't fall asleep during the day even though he is so tired and needs nap so bad! My mom says I wasn't much of a napper either, but I hope he'll learn to take a few naps soon. It's not fun to deal with a crancky baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment