Wednesday, March 10, 2010

My little man is not so little anymore!

Yesterday (March 9), Ethan finally got his first tooth! It's still a tiny dot, but it definitely is through his gum! Yay! It actually is bitter sweet since it took him so long to get a tooth. Now I can't see his gummy smile anymore :-( And I have to worry about cavities and brushing teeth and him chewing on things. But it is a big milestone and I sure am excited to see his growth! Jeff was in Chicago for a conference for his work yesterday, so we didn't get to celebrate it together. Good thing it didn't disappear over night :-)

This evening we were playing on the floor and Ethan suddenly started playing his trumpet! I had a little trumpet growing up so when he turned 6 months I ordered one from Japan. You just blow in it and it makes a noise (I've never seen one in the States). He always drooled in it or chewed on it, but tonight he suddenly started blowing in it and made noise! We quickly got our digital camera and took some videos. I don't know how to put a video on yet, so I'll post it once I figure that out.

But oh boy, he is growing! He loves standing up and just the other day he started pulling up on his knees, and grandma thinks she saw Ethan getting up to a sitting position from his tummy today, too. It is always all of a sudden he starts doing things. We still don't have his crib mattress at the lowest position yet, and I really am hoping that I don't find him falling over the crib one day... Now that he's starting to pull up on things, we'll need to lower the crib as low as possible this weekend!

Oh, another thing. We finally bought tickets to Japan! We are leaving on April 24 and come back on May 8. We are already scared of our travel (13 hr flights with him on our laps), but who knows, he may surprise us as he always does! We, along with Grandma Kiyomi, are all excited for our trip :-) We received his passport a few weeks ago in the mail, so we are as ready as we can be!





No comments:

Post a Comment