Monday, March 15, 2010

Nice hair

Ethan had a doctor's check up today for his ear infection and it was cleared :-) He didn't have an allergic reaction to the antibiotics, so that was great, also.

Before the doctor's appointment, I got to clean, cook, finish one load of laundry and play with Ethan. I love when I feel like I was productive! Today I decided not to work at all (well, I checked my e-mails a few times but that's all) so it was nice not to worry about work too. It feels like working 45 hours a week this busy season has been working really good. It sure is nice that I have a whole day with Ethan every week. This makes up for seeing him only for an hour Tuesday to Friday.

Grandpa and Grandma Claassen are in Malaysia for the next 10 days, so Ethan goes to a daycare this week and a part of next week. Last time when they were gone for a week Ethan was so excited to see them when they were back that he almost fell out of our arms. It's so much fun to see him being affectionate because I don't see him being attached to anything else yet. I guess grandpa and grandma are very special to him :-)

We thought we lost his first tooth already (either it wasn't a tooth or it went back under the gum...?) but I guess we were wrong. Today it sure is out and can be seen pretty good. But he loves feeling it with his tongue so it's a challenge to really see it. Looks like the bottom right is thinking of coming out soon too. I wonder if he gets like 6 in a few weeks?

Jeff and I are starting a bet on when he starts crawling. Every day he makes progress on this and his heart is definitely there. He gets so frustrated that he can't do it though. But today I bribed him with a cheerio and he army crawled (forward!) a bit to get to it. I think it'd still be a month, but maybe Jeff's 2 weeks will win...

Ethan has two cowlicks that push the hair up together, and he sometimes has amazing hair styles. His normal do is a full hawk, but sometimes it's more than that :-) The other day Jeff took a few pictures of his "great hair" (please don't mind him wearing a yellow shirt with pastel green pants with red socks... that's how daddy dresses him!)


He's so proud of his tooth too that he sticks out his tongue a lot now to feel it.

1 comment:

  1. My two weeks is coming up pretty soon. Would you say he crawls now? He certainly moves around, just not very fast yet.

    ReplyDelete