Thursday, January 29, 2009

Exam and Busy Season

It's already at the end of January! I can't believe how fast time passes. My busy season at work has started, yet it has not been too busy yet. It may partially be because of me being more of a "reviewer" position instead of preparing returns. But I think main reason is that we haven't gotten information in yet for many of our clients... which means we'll be running around like a chicken with its head cut off around March 15 and April 15. I hope I don't have to work as many hours as I did last year. But it could be my last busy season as a full time worker, so I do want to put everything to it.

I had my third part of the CPA exam. I didn't pass my second part, Audit, which was not a surprise. And with work beginning to pick up, I didn't put as much time as I should into this exam either. The exam has three sections of multiple choices and two sections of simulations. And after each section of multiple choices, you get to either take a break or keep going. After my third section, I clicked a button to pass on taking a break. And suddenly a window pops up saying "your network connection is terminated. Please leave this window and talk to the test location assistant". I'd had heard of people having to re-take exams because the internet connection got bad or system lost the exam while they were taking it, but I just couldn't believe that it happened to ME! Long story short, I had to wait outside for half an hour for them to call the special number and locate my exam, bring it back up and have me sign on again. Luckily nothing was lost, so I was able to continue from where I left off. But I sure couldn't focus on the exam after that. I don't know how I did on the exam, but if I get low 70's (you need 75 to pass), I may petition to see if they would give me some grace or if I can re-take the exam for free... we'll see.

My belly continue to grow and his kicks are getting stronger. It's fun feeling him kick except when I want to focus at work. I ordered more maternity clothes online because I'm finally growing out of my normal clothes. It's so convenient that I can shop at Old Navy and Gap, and return the clothes for free! (Because there aren't too many maternity stores around, they come with returning labels.) It's been fun talking to him, but it is really hard to not mention his name while I'm around others! We are used to talking to him at home using the name we picked already, so I have actually spilled the beans once... luckily no one heard, but I'm not too confident that I can keep it secret for 3.5 more months.

No comments:

Post a Comment