Saturday, June 20, 2009

Happy 3 weeks birthday!

Ethan is 3 weeks old now. I feel like he has grown a lot this week. We weighed him today at home (not too precise of a scale but is close enough) and is 10 lbs now. No wonder why my arm gets sore when I'm feeding him! He looks like he is more looking at things now, and is very alert. He continues to hate taking naps during the day but sleeps very well at night.

Today was Jeff's first Saturday without my mom here. Jeff got to experience how Ethan is during the day (not sleeping). And Jeff was kind enough to let me sleep in the morning while he held Ethan. Yes, Ethan sleeps well if you hold him. But then you don't get much done... So I feel pretty rested today :-)

We bought a cheaper version of Baby Bjorn imitation from Jeep. I would say it's as easy as Baby Bjorn to put him in and out, and is pretty comfortable. I tried it on Friday afternoon because Ethan was being fussy every time I put him in his bassinett, and he fell asleep pretty quickly and stayed asleep for over an hour! We did buy Baby Bjorn too, but I guess we'll return that one. Jeff's co-worker offered us a Moby Wrap, so we'll try that next week too. Yey for hand me downs! If you have some, feel free to send them my way :-)

1 comment:

  1. I bet you will like the moby wrap, I have one of those too! My Kathy gave it to me since she didn't need it any more and she and Dawn both loved it. It is actually a lot like a mei tai, just more wrapping and you can't untie it before taking the baby out, but it is very snuggly and pretty versatile. My mom actually keeps mine at her house so she can carry Luke around while she does whatever she needs to do, since I have the mei tai at home.

    ReplyDelete