Sunday, June 28, 2009

Our little one is growing so fast!






Ethan turned 4 weeks old yesterday. I can't believe that he'll be a month old on Tuesday already! Looking at the pictures, he sure has grown a lot compared to his first day pictures.

We weighed him last night and he was 10 lbs 12 oz. Almost 11 lbs! And we had been talking about letting him sleep as long as he would for a while, so we tried that on Friday night. (We had been waking him up every 4-5 hrs to feed at night before Friday.) We fed him at 11pm like usual, and we all went to bed. I woke up around 4am because I was uncomfortable, so I had to pump. But no sign of Ethan waking up. Finally at 7am he woke up! He slept 8 hours straight! Then I fed him and he went back to sleep until 10:30. Last night (saturday night) didn't go as well, but he slept 6+ hours straight too.

Saturday we left Ethan with Grandpa and Grandma Claassen and Jeff and I had our first date night after Ethan was born. We went out for a dinner, ran errands, and came home and sat in the hot tub. I was not allowed to sit in a hot tub during the pregnancy, so it was so nice to get back in it! I didn't like being at home without our little guy much, so maybe we need to go out next time. It was nice to catch up with Jeff without holding Ethan or thinking "oh, he needs to eat soon".

We moved Ethan from his bassinet to his crib last night also. Considering that he slept 6 hours straight, he doesn't mind sleeping in the crib. He was getting kind of big for his bassinet so it was time to move him to the crib, but now he looks so little in it! We have a sleeping positioner so it kept him from moving all over the crib, and I'm sure he felt cozy and familiar on the positioner.

Next week I'll need to start cooking (thanks to our sunday school friends, I didn't have to cook for the last two weeks, and my mom was here before that). I may cook curry tonight while Jeff plays with Ethan and eat that for the rest of the week...

No comments:

Post a Comment